Big thanks to Jamie Ayers, for the Kreativ Blogger Award! It will look lovely on my side bar. So, now I'm supposed to share 10 random things about me. I'll tell you, I'm a private person...this will be my first post that isn't about writing...so deep breaths. I hope you enjoy the honor of learning a few things about me because I might freak out and take this down later. :)
1) I am 9 weeks pregnant with my second child! That one was easy. :)
2) I once stabbed a knife all the way through my hand while trying to de-pit an avocado. Here's a kitchen tip - don't try to de-pit an avocado by stabbing it with a knife while holding it in your hand. Yes, despite my high SAT score, my common sense is not always 100%. The hospital thought the story was so ridiculous, they were certain I was lying and on drugs. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that I was dead sober when I did that.
3) I have run three marathons....each one slower than the one before
4) My husband is a descendant of one of the Alamo defenders. Our son was named after the brother of the soldier (the one who lived to branch the family tree) and he was born on the day the Alamo fell.
|He's one of the guys in the background|
6) I am the great granddaughter of WWII General Laurence Kuter. He was the youngest general officer in the Army in 1942. There is a photo of him taken at the Yalta Conference with Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin.
7) I have been sky diving and snorkeling and I think snorkeling is much scarier because I'm freaked out by fish.
|Photo by Robert Studio|
9) I have listened to the Harry Potter audio books an unreasonable number of times. I am a little bit addicted to Jim Dale's voice.
10) My husband and I met on eharmony.com
Now I am pleased to pass this award on to some of my awesome fellow bloggers:
Kelley Lynn from Between The Bookends
Deanna Barnhart from http://deanabarnhart.blogspot.com/
Freya Morris from A Writer's Endeavor
Crystal Licata from Reading, Writing, & A Little Bit Of Nonsense
Lindsay N. Currie from http://tiptoe-kisses.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the awesome blogs ladies!!