Welcome back, marauders, plunders, and outlaws! It's week 2 of the Buccaneer Blogfest, and I think week 1 was a swashbuckling success, wouldn't you say? Thank you all for your participation. In week two, the writer pirates will be introducing their novels or WIPs. Reader pirates will be sharing the best of the best of their reads. Here are all the details for this week:
July 16th - Tell us a little bit about your WIP, pre-published, or published novel. If you like you can include:
- A blurb about the book
- Your first paragraph
- If your novel is published or pre-published, you may also want to share cover art, release date, where to buy, etc.
- If your novel is still in an early phase, you can use this post to solicit critique on your first paragraph, query, and/or one-line pitch. If you want critique, make sure and say so! Please only critique posts when it's requested. :)
- If you do not have a work you'd like to showcase, here are some other ideas:
- Book bloggers - Showcase your reviews by posting one of your recent favorites
- Post the first paragraph from a book you love and share your commentary
- Post tips or links about how to write a good first paragraph or query
July 18th - Character interview - Interview a character from your WIP, pre-published, or published novel. Feel free to create your own questions, but here are some ideas if you like:
- What do you want more than anything in the world?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is one thing that most people don't know about you.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- If you found a genie in a magic lamp, what would your three wishes be?
Here are some more ideas:
If you don't have a character you'd like to interview, tell us about your favorite all-time fictional character. Why are you drawn to this character? What makes them so awesome?
July 20th - Share your lightbulb moment with us. What inspired you to write your WIP? How did you formulate your idea? Is any of your "fiction" taken out of your real life?
If you don't have a writing project, tell us about the novel you've read that has impacted you most. How did it impact your life?
Have fun with week two! I look forward to hearing more about your projects.